Composite decking is an outdoor installation that is sometimes referred to as a wood-alternative decking board. This material mimics the look of timber, but it actually doesn’t use wood. For those who want to pull off a warm and rustic outdoor deck but who want a sustainable alternative, this is the best material for you. It houses a mix of recycled plastics and wood fibres, making it durable like timber.
For those who lead busy lives and who have little time with cleaning around, this material option is ideal for it doesn’t require much maintenance other than a simple mild cleaning agent and water. To know more, here are important facts about composite decking board that you might want to take note of:
- This option creates a safer surface for kids and pets to play on.
- This makes a versatile option for it comes in different colours that can match almost any decking design.
- This can compete against hardwood when it comes to durability and longevity.
- This option is easier to handle, clean and maintain.
- This can withstand harsh weather changes, mould and other environmental elements.
- This material is so hard that it doesn’t split or crack easily.
- This option also comes in two variations:
- Capped Composite Decking – this material is a combination of recycled materials that have organic wood fillers.
- Capped Polymer Decking – this material is a combination of recycled materials but without organic fillers.
For composition decks, there is a wide selection of design options that you can choose. When you hire us as your deck specialist, you don’t have to break a sweat about choosing the right one, because we are here to be your guide.